Kudos to the MTG kids who will officially represent the Philippines in the international math olympiad, the 6th Invitational World Youth Inter-Cities Mathematics Competition (IWYIMC), which will be held in Kaoshiung, Taiwan on July 31 to August 5, 2005.
1. Belleza, Alvin - Ateneo de Manila University HS 2. Bhojwani, Christopher - Grace Christian High School 3. Cheu, Kyna Elyse - Sacred Heart School - Jesuit 4. Choi, Franchesca - Chiang Kai Shek Colllege 5. Co, Washington - Oro Grace Christian School 6. Dy, Melissa - Chiang Kai Shek College 7. Escolar, Emerson - Grace Christian High School 8. Go, Jeffrey - Xavier School 9. Lau, Arnold Lindros - Xavier School 10. Lanuza, Chiara Rosario - Philippine Science High School 11. Lim Calvin Bernard - St. Stephen's High School 12. Plan, Emmanuel - Ateneo de Manila University HS 13. Sy, Luke Wicent - Hope Christian High School 14. Tan, Daniel Andrew- Grace Christian High School 15. Tan, Mark Benedict - Xavier School 16. Tan, Raymond - Jubilee Christian Academy
The participants to the 6th Invitational World Youth Inter-Cities Mathematics Competition (IWYMC) 2005 MUST do the following:
1. Prepare the passport for processing of Visa for Taiwan. Fill up the VISA form which can donwload at www.passportsandvisas.com/application/taiwan.pdf and prepare two pieces of 2 X 1.5" must be head and shoulder photos in color (taken within the last 6 months).
2. Endorse the above requirements during office hour on or before June 25, 2005 to Manly Tours & Travel Inc. located at 1136 G. Masangkay Street, Sta Cruz, Manila with tel. # (02) 254-0134 or 36 and contact Ms. Violy Quieng.
3. Prepare the DSWD certificate for minor traveller in case both parents will not accompany thier child. You may also inquire the agency regarding the requirements of processing the DSWD certificate.
4. The MTG and the organizing committee will shoulder the board and lodging of the participants during the duration of the competition. Hence, each participant is responsible for his/her own travel expenses.
5. The total travel expenses is thirty-two thousand pesos (Php 32,000) for each participant which include roundtrip airfare ticket, terminal fee, travel tax, souvenir items, t-shirt, jacket, tips for tour guide, 3 days and 2 nights hotel accommodation (July 31 to Aug 1) and food for advance stay, city and country side tour in Taipei and Taichung.
6. Should the parent/coach/guardian wishes to accompany their kids, the organizer will charge an entry fee of $500 which include 4 days and 3 nights hotel accommodation (August 2 to 4), food and sightseeing. Hence, entry fee will only be paid to the organizer upon arrival in the contest venue.
7. Please deposit the amount of travel expenses to: China Bank, Zamboanga City branch Account name: MTG, Philippines Account no.: 182-039961-5
8. Deadline for payment will be on or before June 23, 2005, failure to comply with the specified deadline for payment and requirements will automatically mean that the participant is not interested to participate in the contest and hence, his/her slot will be given to other participants.
9. Confirmation will only be considered official once the individual concerned will e-mail or fax to us the registration and the deposit slip of the travel expenses at (062) 992-3045 and indicate the name of the participant on the deposit slip.
10. Since the schedule date of the competition is in conflict with the AMC 2005, hence, the AMT agrees to allow the Philippines participants to take the AMC 2005 in Taiwan on the same date and time to be administered by the DOST-SEI representative.
Please oftentime visit the MTG website to know more about the needed requirements to the IWYIMC 2005.